Monday, September 13, 2010

Shade & I - In The Begining...

Shade was a girl I met while in 200 level in the University of Ibadan. I met her through her friend that i met through Glo Afri-Chat.

She is the fourth girl i will ask to be my girl friend and i hope she says yes, cause all three others except one said NO! The exception was about to say yes but then, i said no myself.
Shade seems  to be a nice girl but not innocent looking, cause I remember that one of my friend once told me innocent looking girls are dangerous!), her favorite songs are Iba by Asa, and Fokasibe by Dj Zeez, she was born on 11th of May few years ago.

When I met her, she had lost her mom, she has a boy friend and another one who wants to be more than a friend too, she is a very beautiful girl, and she is the type that acts like she doesn't care. Things started well with I and Shade, I remember the first time I went to see shade at Tinuke's house, I just went straight for the gate of the house since i had been there the day before,  on entering the house I saw a  lady I have not seen before in the house, so i greeted her so as not to be looked at as rude, I went on to the main building and the doors were locked, but after few seconds, i could hear the keys working on the key lock on the other side of the door, after few seconds, the door was opened and the person who i assumed was one of Tinuke's sister was on the other side of the door, i said hi again.

After few minutes alone in the living room, Tinuke came out of her bedroom and introduced me to shade, i was amazed because i could not even imagine shade being as physically built as she is, all i could do was ask for the picture which was shown to me the other day only to confirm my fears, but it was the same girl only she's grown bigger. Tinuke left me with shade and we started talking, i was pretending to be what i was not, by analysing pictures like i have seen in movies but i wasn't very good at it, i decided to change the topic, i brought out my laptop to show her who i really was and just then we heard a knock on the gate outside and before I knew what was going on, Tinuke's mom came into the room.

I was afraid but confident, and sure of myself because i have a way with older people, when she came in, i introduced myself to her and like mothers do, she asked the girls where they knew me from and they both denied me, I knew I was in trouble, but you know, with my U.I swagger, i talked my way out of the trouble.

We moved outside and stated talking, i remember shade teasing me every chance she gets, i, who was hoping to get something good out of all this remained calm and answered her teasing honestly.

It got to a point where shade asked me, "are you a virgin", i was shocked because i can't think of asking someone that question while standing in front of him/her because i still remember not being able to ask my best friend if he was really dating a girl in our secondary school then.

So i started thinking, trying to remember all i have discussed with shade, i wanted to know why she asked that question, what she wanted, you know, i thought, if i say i am a virgin, shade might be searching for someone who's not and if i say i am not, shade may think that i am a player who moves from girl to girl and maybe, it her turn to be played, so i told her, "i will tell you when the time is right, right now, we need to trust each other, rather than going through our past, we need to focus on the future", shade mumbled some words i could words i could not hear, i checked my time and it was getting late, i decided to call it a day at Tinuke's place and i went home, feeling happy that something good might just be coming my way from my talk with shade, little did i know that it will end with a threat.

2 comments: