Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank You!




The Yoruba’s will say “Ti Omode ba dupe ore ana, a ri omi gba” which simply means “If a child says thank you for yesterday’s gift, he will surely get another” or in another form as “If a child appreciates yesterday’s favour, he/she has made way for another”, for this reason I decided it’s time I say thank you to everyone who has imparted something in my life this past few years.


First, I thank God for everything, being alive to do this is by his grace, I thank him for showing me love to the extent of giving up his only son to die for my wrongdoings. All glory to his name.

I thank my parents for the love, care and training I received, the ones I’m receiving and the ones I’m going to receive, though it hasn’t easy but it’s been worth it.


Thanks to my bro. and sis., you are the best any last born or any family could ask for, I can only imagine how my first years in U.I would have been without your guidance, I would really miss you guys next year that you would be off to serving our fatherland.


Blessing, thank you for your love and care, you are the girl every guy is looking for, and thank God I found you first. Thanks for being my special somebody and for being there every time. I Love You.


I thank Koye for being a very good friend for almost 10 years now, and we haven’t even had a major fight, thanks for the challenge, the motivation, the advises (cause they are more than I can place numbers on), the motivations e.t.c, if not for you, I won’t even be doing this in the first place, I still remember the day I read your first blog post, it was great, thank you.


I thank my boss for making my internship worthwhile, you’ve made my internship full of fun and freedom, though I’m not getting paid, I’m always looking forward to go to work. I also have to mention my co-interns at MIS, UI, you guys are wonderful especially my partner, Saheed, you made me enjoy my Internship, and I can only wish it would be longer than six months.


Thank you to my good friend Biola (Abiosoft) for being a good friend since we became “UI-ites”, thanks for standing by me against all odds during NACOSS elections and for believing in us. I still remember that hug you gave me on the night of the manifesto, that was the first and I’ve even received more after that.


Thanks to Rabiu (Wabiu), Bhadmus (El-domichino sanguine goldfoot), and Akin for challenging me to greatness, if not for you guys I won’t be the NACOSS President now.


Special thanks to Faith (200l CSC, UI) for “Believing in me”, those words will surely help me during my tenure.


Thanks to my God Fathers, thanks for your help, strategy, time, and belief in me during NACOSS election.


Thanks to Diji, Tosin and Biola, I won’t have had my programming skills without your help, challenge and motivational speeches.


Thanks to Gbaro Olalekan SMOG Lakesyde and Falola Lynk, you guys have always been a shoulder to lean on, and for pulling and pushing me back up anytime I’m falling.


Thanks to Fola and Gbolux, you guys are a “must have friends”, everyone needs friends like you, thanks for understanding me, even when I’m behaving irrationally.


Thanks to all my classmates in U.I Computer Science, I can’t picture myself in another class not to talk of another department or school, you guys made our class perfect. We have a bit of everything, Business minded guys, programmers, big boys, Beautiful Girls, Snubs, “Bigger” boys, Hackers, Crackers, “Eshins”, Politicians, e.t.c.


Special thanks to all NACOSS U.I members for giving me the opportunity to serve you. I promise not to disappoint you, May God Help Me. Let’s go make Computer Science the Paris of U.I.


Thanks to all my lecturers, you showed me the path to the computer scientist I am today.


To all my enemies, thank you for keeping me on my toes.


If I didn’t mention your name, NO VEX!

No comments:

Post a Comment